The Data-Intensive Scalable Computing Laboratory (DISCL) at the Texas Tech University has broad research interests in parallel and distributed computing, high-performance computing, Cloud computing, computer architectures and systems software with a focus on building scalable computing systems for data-intensive applications in high-performance scientific computing/high-end enterprise computing.
- October 2014, Mr. Jialin Liu received an NSF travel grant for attending the IEEE BigData'14 conference - congratulations to him.
- August 2014, Mr. John Leidel organizes and chairs the The Third Annual Workshop on PGAS and Shared Memory Extensions for Heterogeneous Architectures (PGAS-X) that will be held in conjunction with PGAS 2014, the 8th International Conference on Partitioned Global Address Space Programming Models in Eugene, Oregon.
- June 2014, Dr. Chen received an award from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to work on Compute on Data Path: Combating Data Movement in High Performance Computing.
- May 2014, Wei Xie received an NSF travel grant for attending CCGrid'14 - congratulations to him. Dr. Chen, Dr. Dong Dai and Mr. Wei Xie attended the CCGrid'14 conference in Chicago and presented two studies.
- April 2014, Jialin Liu and John Leidel received NSF-TCPP Travel Grant for attending IPDPS'14 and will present two studies at HPDIC and LSPP workshop, respectively.
- April 2014, Dr. Chen chairs The Third International Workshop on Data-Intensive Scalable Computing Systems (DISCS), a full-day workshop at the 2014 ACM/IEEE Supercomputing Conference (SC'14) in New Orleans, with a Special Issue on Data-Intensive High Performance Computing with The International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications (IJHPCA).
- February 2014, Chao Chen received a Student Travel Grant from the FAST'14 - congratulations to him.
- November 2013, Yin Lu, Chao Chen, John Leidel, Greg Thorsness, and Dr. Chen attended the ACM/IEEE Supercomputing (SC'13) conference in Denver, CO. We also successfully held the DISCS'13 workshop with co-organizers. Greg successfully presented an ACM SRC research poster.
- October 2013, Jialin Liu received a Student Travel Grant from the BigData'13 conference - congratulations to him. He and Dr. Chen attended the BigData'13 conference in San Jose, CA and presented four studies in data management, data analytics, and storage systems.