The Data-Intensive Scalable Computing Laboratory (DISCL) at the Texas Tech University has broad research interests in parallel and distributed computing, high-performance computing, Cloud computing, computer architectures and systems software with a focus on building scalable computing systems for data-intensive applications in high-performance scientific computing/high-end enterprise computing.
- June 2014, Dr. Chen received an award from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to work on Compute on Data Path: Combating Data Movement in High Performance Computing.
- May 2014, Wei Xie received an NSF travel grant for attending CCGrid'14 - congratulations to him. Dr. Chen, Dr. Dong Dai and Mr. Wei Xie attended the CCGrid'14 conference in Chicago and presented two studies.
- April 2014, Jialin Liu and John Leidel received NSF-TCPP Travel Grant for attending IPDPS'14 and will present two studies at HPDIC and LSPP workshop, respectively.
- April 2014, Dr. Chen chairs The Third International Workshop on Data-Intensive Scalable Computing Systems (DISCS), a full-day workshop at the 2014 ACM/IEEE Supercomputing Conference (SC'14) in New Orleans, with a Special Issue on Data-Intensive High Performance Computing with The International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications (IJHPCA).
- February 2014, Chao Chen received a Student Travel Grant from the FAST'14 - congratulations to him.
- November 2013, Yin Lu, Chao Chen, John Leidel, Greg Thorsness, and Dr. Chen attended the ACM/IEEE Supercomputing (SC'13) conference in Denver, CO. We also successfully held the DISCS'13 workshop with co-organizers. Greg successfully presented an ACM SRC research poster.
- October 2013, Jialin Liu received a Student Travel Grant from the BigData'13 conference - congratulations to him. He and Dr. Chen attended the BigData'13 conference in San Jose, CA and presented four studies in data management, data analytics, and storage systems.
- September 2013, Dr. Chen and Jialin Liu attended the Cluster'13 conference in Indianapolis, IN and presented studies “Fast Data Analysis with Integrated Statistical Metadata in Scientific Datasets” and “Unified and Efficient HEC Storage System with a Working-Set based Reorganization Scheme”.
- August 2013, Dr. Chen received an award from the National Science Foundation (NSF) to work on Development of a Data-Intensive Scalable Computing Instrument (DISCI) for High Performance Computing.