The Data-Intensive Scalable Computing Laboratory (DISCL) at the Texas Tech University has broad research interests in parallel and distributed computing, high-performance computing, Cloud computing, computer architectures and systems software with a focus on building scalable computing systems for data-intensive applications in high-performance scientific computing/high-end enterprise computing.
- January 2016, Ph.D. student Ms. Neda Tavakoli received a travel grant for attending the USENIX FAST'16 conference in Santa Clara, CA.
- November 2015, The 2015 International Workshop on Data-Intensive Scalable Computing Systems (DISCS-2015), a full-day workshop at the 2015 ACM/IEEE Supercomputing Conference (SC'15), was successfully held in Austin, TX.
- November 2015, Mr. John Leidel, Mr. Xi Wang, Ms. Nika Ghiasi, and Dr. Chen will conduct a demo for “GoblinCore-64: An Emerging, Open Architecture for Data Intensive High Performance Computing” at The 2015 ACM/IEEE Supercomputing (SC'15) Conference in the Emerging Technologies (at EMT 117). HPC Wire.
- October 2015, Master's student Mr. Misha Ahmadian successfully defended his thesis entitled “Computation Reduction through Data Re-use for Scientific Applications”. Congratulations!
- August 2015, Ph.D. student Mr. John Leidel presented a poster at the ModSim Workshop.
- August 2015, Congratulations to Dr. Jialin Liu for joining Lawrence Berkeley National Lab and congratulations to Dr. Yin Lu for joining Texas Tech University as a research faculty.
- June 2015, Congratulations to Yin Lu for receiving 2015 Summer Dissertation/Thesis Research Award!